Friday, August 28, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #64: Zines

Exercise 1:

These 'zines' are a lot like the things I used to make when I was younger...much younger.
I would collect my favorite cartoons out of the Sunday papers and paste them onto pages
of paper folded in half . When I had enough, I stacked them and stapled them in the
middle...just like a book.
I would also make similar "zines" writing stories about my brother....and what I would
do to him if I could. (Hey....we were kids...we didn't much like each other back then!)

Now I make something similar to a zine I guess...I take old boardbooks and cover the
pages with papers and cardstock. Then I take images I download and print from the
computer and glue them to the pages of my book.
I usually have a theme....like Halloween or Christmas.
I also include printed out verses or definitions etc.
Of course I have to take it one stip further and distress it and all...
These also make into really cool birthday "cards".

Exercise 2:
Zines in the library?
I don't care one way or the other....whatever floats your boat.

No comments: