Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pets #71: Finding a Pet

Exercises:

1. ...and the quiz says: That I should have a reptile.
hmmmm.....we have two dogs, a cat, a parrot and lots o'fish.
We had a turtle....REPTILE!....and it was my least favorite pet.
He grew so fast and got his tank so dirty. He was a pain to take care of.
He is now happily making new friends in the lake at Meyer Park.

2. I looked at Petfinder...but not for long.
I didn't want to get too attached to anyone!

3. I looked for pugs....
We got one of our pugs...Lucy...from a local Pug Rescue Society.
She is great! and I would do it again.

My daughter and I recently started volunteering at a no-kill shelter.
I'm afraid I'm gonna want to bring home oodles of new pets...my daughter
has already begun pitching me for another cat.
I'm afraid at this time all we can do is make sure the poor homeless dogs
and cats have clean cages and get played with.

No comments: