Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking

I watched the video and looked at some of the links provided.
Social networking is something I have been doing for years!
Although I do have a myspace account....I do not blog or post on it. I do, however, keep up with some of my friends via their myspace accounts, which is why I have one....
My favorite way of social networking is actually by participating on a chat board. There are tons of chatboards out there that cover a wide range of interests.
For example...I am a member of several chat boards based on scrapbooking. They have different forums for discussions on anything and everything...not just scrapbooking. So....I can scroll through the topics I am interested in, and join in the conversation if I want...or just gather information.
If ever I have a question or need advice or help with ...say...a product....all I have to do is post a new thread, ask for help, and VOILA!....within minutes I will have answers!
Its a very valuable resource for all sorts of information, and I make friends along the way as well.
I can also participate in swaps, challenges and contests....so much fun!

I also participate on other boards dedicated to other interests...and have made the most wonderful friends all over the world. It gives me the opportunity to reach out and "meet" people that have the same interests as I do, that I would never had known if not for the message boards.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hello from one of your message board friends! It sounds like an interesting video. I'd love to see it.