Saturday, September 22, 2007

Discovery Exercise week 2:

Learning habits.......
Well, I seem to learn best by doing....and I like to have visual aids to follow.
I have so many "how to" books at home...funny thing is....you actually have to read them in order to get any use out of them! Imagine that! So.....book learning is not the route for me.

Next: Thoughts on online safety and privacy.....
Well....I have been posting online for many years now. Not on a blog, but rather on various chat boards.....chatting away on a nearly daily basis with others who share my interests and hobbies. At first, I used a made-up nickname....but later, after getting to know the women I chatted with, I felt comfortable in using my real name....it just made it more "personal" that way. I feel I have always been careful in posting not to reveal too much personal information publicly. I've read the "horror stories" about posting too much personal info where anyone can read it, but I don't let them deter me from establishing online friendships. I've "met" some of the best people that way. Its weird to think that I have so many "friends" all around the world that I have never (and most likely never will) met in real life....but I know so much about them, and we have so much in common, that that is irrelevant.



No comments: