Saturday, September 22, 2007

Missouri.....what can I say.....

So my hubby and I just got back from a three day trip to St. Joseph, MO.....ahhhhh....Missouri....
what can I say about Missouri......It certainly is not Houston!
We stayed downtown for three days...and I swear!...we have more traffic going through our neighborhood on a daily basis than I saw in all of downtown St. Joseph over the course of those three days! Its definately a much slower paced place to live!
The reason we were there was to attend a celebration.
The family owned business my hubby works for is celebrating its 100th year! Quite an accomplishment. Here is one of the many buildings the company occupies in downtown St. Joseph. It is where they manufacture products, such as floor cleaners, waxes and polishes. (exciting stuff)














We also got to tour some of the local museums.....In one of them, there was this big ball of twine....
It weighed over a thousand pounds! I'm just glad my daughter was not there to see it....she would want to try and outdo it!

No comments: