Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 4 : #8....

I've been reading the info on the RSS feeds.....there is a lot of material to cover...
I did set up my BlogLines and subscribed to some feeds...not up to 10 quite yet as it takes a lot of time to dig through the choices.....and not much there really appeals to me I'm afraid. I guess I like trivial type information...I'm not one to read the newspaper or watch the news on TV.
If I want to find out what is going on in the world......I just read the NSBR thread at the scrapbooking message board. Those gals post about everything! I mean....EVERYTHING!
For instance: when I logged on today and zipped through the threads...I found out all kinds of "important" stuff:
......I found a thread on frugal shopping tips
......I learned about the Hannah Montana ticket sales outrages and why there is such a heated uproar from parents all around the country who cannot find the tickets at a reasonable price...
.....I found out what to google in order to find naked pictures of Brad Pitt....uh.....yeah.....they are out there all right! LOL! (can I just say this: Brad, dear.....you need to do a little trimming, hon!)
.....I found out that Britney Spears lost custody of her kids
.....I found "Survivor" spoilers
.....I found ideas for dinner as well as recipes for Pot Roast
.....I learned about the "Lost" reference in last nights episode of "Chuck"
.....I found a link to the first two chapters of John Grisham's new book
.....I found out where I can order a calendar featuring shirtless Mormon missionaries...and while I'm on that subject....I'm wondering why the heck the cutie Mormon missionaries are all being sent to the third world countries and I only get the geeky looking ones at my door....hmmm.
.....and I learned what games are funnest for Wii
and on and on and on and on......
I doubt I could have acquired all this knowledge from any RSS feeds.....so...sorry...but I do not think I'm going to be a fan of the RSS ....it just doesn't cater to me....at least from what I have seen so far.

No comments: